Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Okra-What not to do.

Last week I was at the King Carnivore's house and wanted to make fried okra. He didn’t have buttermilk or eggs. Hmm… what to do? Well, I added vinegar to milk which made buttermilk. Ok, problem 1 solved. Then, I realized he didn’t have cornmeal – no worries because he had some sort of breading batter.

I dipped the okra in the fake out buttermilk and then rolled it in the breading. Attempted to fry it and – EPIC FAILURE!!! It was clumpy. It was weird. It was disgusting.

I got out the colander washed off all the breading and decided to go to my old standby “everything is better with butter.” Once I washed off the breading I fried it in butter with salt and and narrowly avoided having to order pizza. And to think.. some people actually believe I know how to cook . I sure have them fooled!!!

Cheers and Happy Eats!

Lucinda

No comments:

Post a Comment