Monday, April 6, 2009

Keeping it "Real"

As some of you may have noticed, I have been in a bit of a funk lately. Just a bit ago I was taking orders, answering questions, delivery produce in my little red car, and barely breaking even. However, I knew each of my customers by name, your setbacks, and your joys. After the news piece aired, we have gained many new customers for which I am so very thankful because of the impact we will know be able to have on Kansas City, and the environment.

However, I have felt great sadness, because I want to know you all personally. You see, my personal identity through my business has always been derived from having a personal relationship with those that buy from me, and those that grow for me. Simply put, real people eating real food, grown by real people.

So this week, I am at my mother’s house in the middle of nowhere helping put crops in the ground, and taking back my identity as a real person. I will be putting my best foot forward in sharing the information about who grows for us, who I am, and getting to know you.
Weather your young or old, skinny or overweight, mother of 6, or a sassy single- it is your stories that are amazing to me. I want to know them, and I want to know you. I also want you to know me… so here are some tidbits about the “real” Lucinda.

I am mother, a wife, and a horrible housekeeper. I am sucker for a good cup of coffee, rarely check my voicemail, get 1 station on my t.v.., and am fascinated by what makes people tic. I am not a vegetarian, I am not a raw foodist, but appreciate both. I believe in empowering others to do the best they can with what they have, and take great joy in meeting people that embrace who they are.

Ok, now that I am done being all sappy- I am off to plant lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment